Steam Flashes is, of course, the steampunk collection of flash fiction, photographs and articles in aid of New Futures Nepal. It features a flash fiction work from me, as well as some of my photographs from last year's charity event at Southcart Books in Walsall.
This time we'll be in Cogs bar in Birmingham with what promises to be a splendiferous evening on 23rd April - well, with me as MC, what else could it be? (ahem) The evening's entertainment will include:
- An introduction from Steven C. Davis, author, GASP radio host and the man who conceived of Steam Flashes and convinced his publishers to publish on a costs-only basis. That's right, folks, ALL profits will go to New Futures Nepal, to help them carry out their work with disadvantaged people in Nepal.
- Readings from various contributors to the book, including Steven C. Davis
- Music from Jessica Law, formerly of The Mechanisms, and an author in her own right
- More music from The Magpie Cafe, local electro-swing heroes
- Entertainment from the legend that is Count Rostov (yes, that's 'Count')
- Tea-duelling - your chance to take part in a game of skill, nerve and biscuits
The event is FREE entry, and starts from 6pm (Cogs open from 4pm). We hope to see you there!
(But if you can't make it, you can now obtain the book from Tenebrous Texts - £10 plus postage)