In fact, today is the 4th of the 4th, so I thought you might be interested in some four-related facts. You could even call it 4-play...
- Four-leafed clovers are considered to be lucky. You may know that. This may or may not be because druids thought the fourth leaf afforded them magical protection (source: lucky-four-leaf-clover.com)
- Possibly not unrelated to the above, a tetradite is someone who attaches mystical properties to the number four.
- In Chinese, the word for 'four' sounds like the word for 'death'. As a result, many hospitals don't have 4th floors (allegedly).
- Four spacecraft have visited Saturn. That's Pioneer 11, Voyager 1 & 2 and the Cassini-Huygens mission. That's 4 earth craft, at any rate....
- The Stone of Fal, which would cry out under the king who was sovereign of Ireland
- The Spear of Lug, with which its wielder could not be defeated
- The Sword of Nuada, which could not be resisted when drawn from its sheath, and
- The Cauldron of the Dagda, which could feed any size of company.